Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

One Month in.....

I haven't done this in  a while but it's time to mention something.  I joined Altamareagroup in mid August just after the last post.  Clearly I've been busy.  In this time I have opened 2 restaurants.  The first being easy "for me."  I was not running it, only there to help, and as a fire man putting out quelching things when needed.  The second Ai Fiori, is another topic.
 Ai Fiori represents my first job running the show.  While Michael White is ulimately the final say, it is my kitchen.  Going in a single day from having 5 people answering to me, to having 45 people wondering what I want, has been in a word challenging. 
  The doors opened, without many construction issues solved, and a kitchen designed by someone else.  The struggle only gets worse.  It will get better! But for now it is worsening.  My ADD is in full force, and the staff doesn't know what is coming.  We are holding gthe reservations so that we can perfect our craft before multipling it.  I am a perfectionist, and it is hard to get close to that in any situation.  Im tired, but the happiest I have been in years.  I thank my team for there hard work, and am fighting hard to make this one of the best restaurants in the world!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment